Four NSUs provide access to a NoC Agent which performs the following:
- NoC Agent contains the HBM MC status and interrupt registers.
- Checks and generates ECC for the NoC flits.
- Splits NoC transactions into 32 Byte commands.
- Arbitrates the transactions to the HBM Controller.
- Keeps track of transactions that are pending, in process, or completed pending data de-queue.
The HBM Controller receives the transactions and analyzes them for any coherency requirements then re-orders them to group transactions to minimize excessive page open/closures and read/write turnarounds. These commands are then sent to the PHY to handle the low level transactions with the HBM2e memory channel.