The DDR Advanced tab is shown in the following figure for reference.
Figure 1. DDR Advanced
Use the DDR Advanced tab to select the required advanced options listed.
- 2T Timing (DDR4 Only)
- Enabled by default for DDR component configurations. For other DDR configurations such as RDIMM/LRDIMM/UDIMM/SODIMM you can either enable or disable this option.
- ECC Options
- These options are only applicable for ECC enabled designs.
- Enable Background Scrubbing (DDR4 only): Refer to the ECC Scrubbing section for details. When ECC is enabled for LPDDR4, Background Scrubbing is automatically enabled.
- Initialize Memory for ECC: This option is enabled by default.
- ECC Initialization Size (MB): Initialization size can
be changed by the user from the default value.Note: You are responsible for initializing memory if memory initialization is disabled.
- Refresh Options
- Enable Refresh and Periodic Calibration Interface: Refer to the Refresh section.
- Fixed fine Granularity Refresh (DDR4 Only): 1x, 2x, 4x. Fixed Fine Granularity Refresh modes can help reduce refresh protocol overhead in high temperature environments. Refer to vendor data sheets for JESD79-4C for more details.
- Power Saving Options
- Enter the amount of idle clock cycles before controller places the memory in Power Down mode.
- Migration Options
- Select this to allow adjustment of CAC pin delays. This is necessary for migration from one device to another in the same package. Enabling this option creates an additional tab; Migration Options.