Next, generate a Mailbox IP and connect to NoC for Mailbox VF/PF communication.
- Click Add IP, and
PCIe QDMA Mailbox.
- From the filtered list, double-click the PCIe QDMA Mailbox IP core to instantiate the IP
on the block design canvas.
Configure the core as follows:
Note: Number of VFs should match number of VF that are selected in CIPS IP. This important to match the PFs and VFs that are selected. Otherwise IP will not work properly.
- Select number of PFs that are needed. In this Lab, select 4 PFs.
- Select number of VFs. In this Lab, select VFs, as 4 for each PF.
- In addition, add AXI SmartConnect IP.
This IP is needed as Mailbox IP can only take in AXI4-Lite access. AXI interface
from the NoC is full AXI.
- Configure the IP to have one Master, one Slave, one clock, and one reset