The HDMI 2.1 TX Subsystem supports the following HDMI 2.1 enhanced gaming features:
- Variable Refresh Rate (VRR)
- Supports both VRR and VRR + FVA
- Quick Frame Transport (QFT)
- Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM)
- Quick Media Switching (QMS)
These features are supported in both in AXI4-Stream, Native Video, and Native Video (Vectored DE) interfaces. However, in the Native Video or Native Video (Vectored DE) interface, you are responsible for sending video timing data.
- You need to generate the HF-VSIF packet with the ALLM value and send the HF-VSIF packet as a generic an Aux packet to the IP.
- The IP/driver does not support the calculation of MMin, Mmax, FVA_FactorMax, VRRMAX, or VRRMIN. You are responsible for configuring the correct MVRR and FVA values.
The API are provided in the HDMI 2.1 TX Subsystem driver to configure the VRR/QMS/QFT features, VTEM packets, and adjust the refresh rate.