This section includes information about using Xilinx® tools to customize and generate the core in the Vivado® Design Suite.
If you are customizing and generating
the core in the
Vivado IP integrator, see
Vivado Design Suite User Guide: Designing
IP Subsystems using IP Integrator (UG994) for
detailed information. IP integrator might auto-compute certain
configuration values when validating or generating the design. To
check whether the values do change, see the description of the
parameter in this chapter. To view the parameter value, run the
validate_bd_design command in the Tcl
You can customize the IP for use in your design by specifying values for the various parameters associated with the IP core using the following steps:
- Select the IP from the IP catalog.
- Double-click the selected IP or select the Customize IP command from the toolbar or right-click menu.
For details, see the Vivado Design Suite User Guide: Designing with IP (UG896) and the Vivado Design Suite User Guide: Getting Started (UG910).
Figures in this chapter are illustrations of the Vivado IDE. The layout depicted here might vary from the current version.
To access the BSCAN to JTAG Converter core, perform the following:
- Open a project by selecting or create a new project by selecting .
- Open the IP catalog and navigate to .
- Double-click BSCAN to JTAG
Converter to bring up the BSCAN to JTAG Customize IP dialog box as shown in
the following figure:Figure 1. BSCAN to JTAG Core View in IP Catalog
The following figure shows the BSCAN to JTAG Customize IP dialog box with
information about customizing ports. A configurable parameter is shown named as
enable_tck_bufg that enables a buffer on the clock path of JTAG output.
- Component Name
- The Component Name field consists of any combination of alpha-numeric characters including the underscore symbol. However, the underscore symbol cannot be the first character in the component name.
- Enable tck bufg
- This user parameter is enabled only if a BUFG is required for tck in high speed applications.