The Basic Configuration tab shown in the following figure lets you select video parameters used to calculate the total dynamic power used by decoder blocks.
The VDU subsystem is controlled by software at runtime. Configuration options set in the VDU GUI are used to estimate bandwidth, and calculate the buffer size.
The parameters on the Basic Configuration tab are as follows:
- Component Name
- Component name is set automatically by IP integrator
- Bandwidth Summary
- Reports the decoder buffer size. Reports bandwidth for the decoder.
- Number of Decoder Instances
- Select 1 to 4
- Maximum Number of Decoder Streams
- Per VDU instance 32 streams are supported. For Four VDU instances
Maximum 100 streams are supported. Select one to 32 streams. Determines memory
requirements.Note: The VDU supports 32 streams, but Xilinx recommends choosing the closest combination using the available options in the GUI.
- Coding Standard
- Select AVC or HEVC.
- Coding Type
- Select the GOP structure to use for decoding:
- Intra frame only: I-frame only
- Intra and inter frame: I-frame, B-frame, and P-frames
- Select one of the following resolutions:
- Frames Per Second
- Select 15, 30, 45, or 60 fps.
- Color Format
- Select one of the following color formats:
- 4:0:0 - monochrome
- Color Depth
- Select 8 or 10 bits per channel.