This section includes information about using AMD tools to customize and generate the core in the AMD Vivado™ Design Suite.
If you are customizing and generating
the core in the
Vivado IP integrator, see
Vivado Design Suite User Guide: Designing
IP Subsystems using IP Integrator (UG994) for
detailed information. IP integrator might auto-compute certain
configuration values when validating or generating the design. To
check whether the values do change, see the description of the
parameter in this chapter. To view the parameter value, run the
validate_bd_design command in the Tcl
You can customize the IP for use in your design by specifying values for the various parameters associated with the IP core using the following steps:
- Select the IP from the IP catalog.
- Double-click the selected IP or select the Customize IP command from the toolbar or right-click menu.
Figures in this chapter are illustrations of the Vivado IDE. The layout depicted here might vary from the current version.
To access the BSCAN Switch core core, perform the following steps:
- Open a project by selecting , or create a new project by selecting .
- Open the IP catalog and navigate to .
- Double-click Bscan Switch to
display the BSCAN Switch Customize IP dialog box,
as shown in the following figure.Figure 1. BSCAN SWITCH View in IP Catalog
The following figure shows the BSCAN Switch Customize IP dialog box with information about customizing ports. The configurable parameter
Number of BSCAN Master Portsenables the number of master BSCAN interfaces based on the selection.
Figure 2. Vivado Customize IP Dialog Box
- Component Name
- The Component Name field consists of any combination of alpha-numeric characters including the underscore symbol. However, the underscore symbol cannot be the first character in the Component Name.
- Number of BSCAN Master Ports
- This user parameter enables the number of master BSCAN ports based on the requirement. The default value is '1'.