Generating and Analyzing AI Engine Status
During hardware emulation, status output can be generated periodically. The status and warnings can be analyzed in the Analysis View of theAMD Vitis™ unified IDE for debug purposes.
- Add the following options in your xrt.ini to output the AI Engine status. This is a one-time
set up that results in periodic output of status data, including deadlock
aie_status=true: Turns on the output generation feature.
aie_status_interval_us: Specifies the interval of the AI Engine status output.Example:
[Debug] aie_status=true aie_status_interval_us=1000
The following files are generated by hardware emulation.
- xrt.run_summary: A summary file generated by hardware emulation that can be opened in the Analysis View of the Vitis unified IDE.
- aie_status_edge.json: A status of AI Engine and AI Engine memory.
- aieshim_status_edge.json: A status of AI Engine interface tiles.
- summary.csv: A summary CSV file.
- The summary and JSON files must be copied from the QEMU Linux system to
your local system using the
scpcommand. The status files must be in a local directory prior to the analysis in Analysis View of the Vitis unified IDE. For more details on how to copy these files to your local system, see Running Emulation on an Embedded Processor Platform in Vitis Unified Software Platform Documentation: Application Acceleration Development (UG1393).
- Analyze the summary and JSON files in Analysis View of the Vitis unified IDE. For details, see Analyzing AI Engine Status.