If you do not have the original packaging project available, or would like to edit the IP in a new project, you can open a new editing IP project from the Vivado IDE, as follows:
- Open any Vivado project with the repository for your custom IP.
- From the Flow Navigator, select IP Catalog.
- Right-click the custom IP you would like to edit, and select Edit in
IP Packager, as shown in the following figure.
- The Edit in IP
Packager dialog box opens for you to select the name
and location of the edit IP project, as shown in the following figure.
- Click OK.
A new Vivado project opens that contains the contents of the custom IP. The component.xml from the custom IP is associated with the new edit IP project and the Package IP window becomes available.
From this project, you can add, remove, or modify the source files in the project or adjust settings in the packaging steps.
For more information on each of the packaging steps, see Packaging IP.Important: When adding files to your custom IP through the edit IP project, ensure that you select Copy sources into IP Directory in the Add Sources dialog box.
- After you complete the modifications to your custom IP, select Review
and Package step in thePackage
IP window and select Re-Package
You are prompted to close the edit IP project.
- Select Yes and, if you previously selected Delete project after packaging option in the IP packager project settings, the edit IP project is deleted.
You can always open a new edit IP project if more edits are required.