The Identification page, shown in the following figure, is the first section of the IP packager. The information is initially populated based on the information from , described in Using the Packager Settings. The Vivado IP packager heuristically determines the remainder of the information during packaging.
- Identifier for the vendor that displays in the first "V" of VLNV of the IP definition.
- Library in which the IP belongs. This is also the identifier for the library that displays in the "L" of VLNV of the IP definition. See Setting a Dependency Expression.
- Name of the IP. This is also the identifier for the name that displays in the "N" of VLNV of the IP definition.
- Version of the IP. This is also the identifier for the version that displays in the last "V" of VLNV of the IP definition. See Setting a Dependency Expression.
- Display name
- The Vivado IP catalog display name.
- The Vivado IP catalog description.
- Vendor display name
- Vendor display name.
- Company url
- Vivado IP catalog display of the company URL.
- Root directory
- Working directory of the packaged IP. The directory controls both the location of the input and the output files.
- XML file name
- Name and location of the IP-XACT standard XML file.
- The list of category names in which the IP belongs.
Each IP within the IP catalog have taxonomy for organization purposes, as described by the Vivado Design Suite User Guide: Designing with IP (UG896). These classifications are controlled by the categories set during IP packaging.
In the Categories list, each category is separated by the forward slash (/) character. Initially, Vivado defaults the custom IP to the UserIP category.