- From the Tools menu, select Create and Package New IP to open the Create and Package New IP wizard.
- Click Next at the Welcome screen for the Create and Package New IP dialog box, shown in the following figure.
- In the Create Peripheral, Package IP or
Package a Block Design page, select Package a specified directory, and click
- Set Directory to
<Extract_Dir>/lab2/custom_ip_repo/wave_gen_v1_0, as shown
in the following figure.
- Click Next.
- On the Edit in the IP Packager Project
Name page, leave the default name and location, and
When packaging a specified directory, the custom IP is packaged through an edit IP project. The default options create an edit IP project in the project temporary location. The edit IP project can be saved for future editing, but a new edit IP project can always be created later.
- Click Finish.
An edit IP project opens in a new Vivado window with the Package IP window opened. The Package IP window displays the basic IP package in a staging area for editing and repackaging.
- Leave project_lab2 open during this process.
After creating the new empty project, the next step is to create and package the custom IP directory.