This is for Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC only. This is optional. By default, the top level system settings are set to generate the PMU firmware.
If you do not want PetaLinux to build the PMU firmware, you have to manually build it on your own. Else, your system will not boot properly.
You can configure the project to build PMU firmware as follows:
- Launch top level system settings configuration menu and
- Select Linux Components Selection.
- Select PMU
[*] PMU Firmware
- Select the submenu.
- Enter your compilation flags.
- Exit the menu and save the change.
- Build the PMU firmware when building the project:
Build the PMU firmware only:
$ petalinux-build -c pmufw
The PMU firmware ELF file is installed as pmufw.elf for Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC in images/linux inside the project root directory.
For more information on PMU Firmware, see https://www.wiki.xilinx.com/PMU+Firmware.