AMD provides multiple frameworks to facilitate application development on Versal devices as follows:
- Hypervisor Framework
- AMD supports the Xen hypervisor, a critical item needed to support virtualization on Versal devices. For details, refer to Use of Hypervisors.
- Security Framework
- Versal devices support authentication, encryption, and other cryptographic features as a part of the security framework. To understand more about the security framework, see the Security chapter.
- TrustZone Framework
- TrustZone technology allows and maintains isolation between secure and
non-secure hardware and software within the same system.
AMD provides TrustZone support through TF-A to maintain isolation between secure and non-secure worlds. If implementing a trusted execution environment (TEE) on a Versal device, TF-A is one of the major components of a TEE. See this whitepaper for an overview of a TEE architecture.
- Multiprocessor Communication Framework
- AMD provides the OpenAMP framework to facilitate communication between the different processing units in Versal devices.
- Power Management Framework
- The power management framework allows software components running across different processing units to communicate with the power management unit.