The PLM supports the logging of trace events to memory. This memory is different than the memory used for logging the PLM prints. Currently, the PLM logs only PDI load trace events and is timestamped. The following features are supported by the PLM as part of tracing:
- Configure trace log buffer memory
- By default, the PLM logs the trace events to the PMC RAM memory. This feature allows you to change the trace log memory to a different memory location.
- Retrieve trace log buffer
- Retrieve the logged trace events to a memory of your choice.
- Retrieve trace log buffer information
- Retrieve information of trace events logging.
Trace Events Log Format
|Trace event length including timestamp||Trace ID|
|Time stamp in milliseconds|
|Time stamp in fraction|
Currently, the PLM logs only the list of images that are loaded as part of trace events logging.
|Trace Event ID||Trace Event Length||Payload|
|XPLMI_TRACE_LOG_LOAD_IMAGE = 0x1||3||Image ID|
For example of event logging command, see Event Logging Command Examples.