PetaLinux offers tools to customize, build, and deploy embedded Linux solutions on AMD FPGA embedded processing systems. Tailored to accelerate design productivity for SoC devices, the solution works with the AMD FPGA hardware design tools to facilitate the development of open source Linux systems for Versal devices.
PetaLinux tools include the following:
- Build tools, such as GNU,
maketo build the kernel images and the application software.
- Debug tools, such as GNU debugger (GDB),
petalinux-boot, and Oprofile for profiling. The following partial list shows the supported PetaLinux toolchain:
- AMD Arm GNU tools.
- Used to build software image files.
- Make build for compiling the applications.
- GDB tools for debugging.
- Used to create the boot image.
- Used to boot Linux.
- Emulator platform for the Versal device.
- Used for profiling.
The following figure shows the PetaLinux tools and build systems.
Figure 1. PetaLinux Tools and Build Systems
For more information, refer to the following: