Pre-built images for Xilinx platforms are available in the following locations:
- The pre-built image for the ZCU102 evaluation kit can be downloaded from here.
- The pre-built image for the ZCU104 evaluation kit can be downloaded from here.
- The pre-built image for the KV260 starter kit can be downloaded from here.
- The pre-built image for the VCK190 evaluation board can be downloaded from here.
One suggested software application for flashing the SD card is Balena Etcher. It is a cross-platform tool for flashing OS images to SD cards, available for Windows, Linux, and Mac systems. The following example runs on Windows.
- Download Balena Etcher from: https://etcher.io/ and save the file
as shown in the following figure.
- Install Balena Etcher, as shown in the following figure.
- Eject any external storage devices such as USB flash drives and backup hard disks. This makes it easier to identify the SD card. Then, insert the SD card into the slot on your computer, or into the reader.
- Run the Etcher program by double-clicking on the Etcher icon shown in the
following figure, or select it from the Start menu.
Etcher launches, as shown in the following figure.
- Select the image file by clicking Select Image. You can select a .zip or .gz compressed file.
- Etcher tries to detect the SD drive. Verify the drive designation and the image size.
- Click Flash!.
- Insert the SD card with the image into the destination board.
- Plug in the power and boot the board using the serial port to access the system.
- Set up the IP information of the board using the serial port.
You can now access the board using SSH.