Pre-built Vitis embedded platforms must be downloaded from the Xilinx website:
- Download required Vitis platforms from the Vitis Embedded Platforms download page.
- Download common Linux components from the "Common images for Embedded Vitis platforms" section of the PetaLinux download page.
After you download the embedded platforms, there are three ways to include them in your project:
- Extract the pre-built platforms to /opt/xilinx/platforms.
- Extract the pre-built platforms to any folder. Set the
PLATFORM_REPO_PATHSenvironment variable to the folder path.
- Extract the pre-built platforms to any folder. In the Vitis IDE, select and select the folder path.
Common Linux components can be extracted to any folder. When you create a Linux application, you will specify the path for the components in the Vitis New Application Project wizard.