- Go to the Xilinx Downloads Website.
- Download the installer for your operating system.
- Run the installer, which opens the Welcome page.
- Click Next to open the Select Install Type page of the Installer.
- Enter your Xilinx user account credentials, and then select Download and Install Now.
- Click Next to open the Accept License Agreements page of the Installer.
- Accept the terms and conditions by clicking each I Agree check box.
- Click Next to open the Select Product to Install page of the Installer.
- Select Vitis and click Next to open the Vitis Unified Software Platform page of the Installer.
- Customize your installation by selecting design tools and
devices (optional). Important: Do not deselect the following option. It is required for installation.Note: Both the Vitis tools and Vivado Design Suite are installed as part of the Vitis Unified Software Platform. You do not need to separately install Vivado tools. You can also install System Generator and Model Composer if needed.
- Click Next to open the Select Destination Directory page of the Installer
- Specify the installation directory, review the location summary, review the disk space required to insure there is enough space, and click Next to open the Installation Summary page of the Installer.
- Click Install to begin the installation of the software.
After a successful installation of the Vitis software, a confirmation message is displayed, with a prompt to run the installLibs.sh script.
- Locate the script at: <install_dir>/Vitis/<release>/scripts/installLibs.sh, where
<install_dir>is the location of your installation, and
<release>is the installation version.
- Run the script using
sudoprivileges as follows:
The command installs a number of necessary packages for the Vitis tools based on the OS of your system.