The platform name is used when creating acceleration applications in Vitis or targeting platforms when using the Vitis compiler (v++). Pre-built platform images also use the same file name and directory name.
<Vendor>_<Board>_<Feature>_<Supported Vitis Tool Version>_<Release Version>
- The board vendor. For all Xilinx-created pre-built
- The special function of this platform. For example:
baseindicates that it connects all possible resources for you to use in an acceleration application.
DFXindicates that it supports Xilinx Dynamic Function eXchange (DFX).
- <Supported Vitis Tool Version>
- The specific version of the Vitis development platform that the platform is designed for. This also indicates the version of the Vivado® Design Suite tools that the pre-built platform is created by.
- <Release Version>
- The release version of the platform. The first version is
For example, the following platform names follow the naming convention:
<Board>_<Feature>(for example, zcu102_base). The platform generated from the source in https://github.com/Xilinx/Vitis_Embedded_Platform_Source has the name xilinx_zcu102_base_202020_1.