To edit the settings for any of the build configurations under a project, select the build configuration in the Assistant view and click the Settings button () to bring up the Build Configuration Settings dialog box. The specific features of the dialog box vary depending on the type of project and the build target you have selected. In this dialog box, you can enable host and kernel debug, specify the level of information to report during the build process, and specify the level of optimization for the hardware build.
The various options displayed on this dialog box include:
- The build configuration target as described in Build Targets.
- Host debug
- Select to enable debug of the host code.
- Kernel debug
- Select to enable debug of the kernel code.
- Report level
- Specify what report level to generate as described in Controlling Report Generation.
- Hardware optimization
- Specify how much effort to use on optimizing the hardware. Hardware optimization is a compute intensive task. Higher levels of optimization might result in more optimal hardware but with increased build time. This option is only available in the Build Configuration System.
Configuration dialog box also contains links to
Edit Toolchain Compiler
Settings and Edit
Toolchain Linker Settings. These links provide access to
all the settings in the standard Eclipse environment, and can be used to configure
the G++ compiler, the V++ compiler, and the
emconfigutil command as described in Vitis Toolchain Settings.