- Use the following command to setup the Vitis software platform
- Use the following command to launch the next generation
vitis -w <workspace>
<workspace>indicates a folder to hold the elements of your HLS component, or other design projects. The workspace is used to group together the source and data files that make up a design, or multiple designs, and stores the configuration of the tool for that workspace.
The Vitis unified IDE opens with the Welcome screen as shown in the following figure.
Under HLS Development, you have the following options.
- Create Component
- Launch the Create HLS Component wizard to create a new component. Refer to Building and Running an HLS Component for more information.
- Create Component from Library
- Create a new HLS component from library functions.
- Opens a web browser pointing to the Vitis-HLS-Introductory-Examples on GitHub. See Tutorials and Examples.
- User Guide
- Opens this document in a web browser.
You can see there are other blocks of commands and features available within the tool. Under Online Resources, you will find documentation and tutorials to help you work with the tool.
If you have previously launched the Vitis unified IDE you can load one of the prior workspaces listed under Recent Workspaces. You can also look under the File menu to see what other options are available.