In the Vitis unified IDE the reporting features of the HLS compiler, such as the Code Analyzer and the Dataflow viewer require a license to be used. This means you need to obtain a license as part of the installation of the tool. You can obtain a license by using the following steps:
- Go to https://www.xilinx.com/getlicense
- Sign in to your account. Tip: You must have an AMD account to download the installation files, and to obtain a license.
- This should take you to the Product Licensing - Name and Address Verification page. Enter the required information and click Next.
- This should take you to the Product Licensing page. Select an account if you have multiple accounts.
- Under Create New Licenses enable the
Vitis HLS License checkbox and select
Generate Floating License or Generate Node-Locked License as appropriate.
- The dialog box that opens is slightly different between floating and node-locked licenses. To
generate the floating license you must specify the number of
Requested Seats. For node-locked
licenses this number is set to 1.
- Under System Information click Select a
host and either choose an existing host or add a host. A host must
be selected to assign the license. To Add a
host use the following steps:
- Host Name: Specify a name for the host.
- Select OS type...: Specify the operating system for your host.
Select host type...: Depending on the operating
selected the choices of type can include:
- Dongle Flex ID
- Disk Serial Number: Can be obtained from Windows ocmmand prompt by
vol c:for example
- Ethernet Mac: Can be obtained from
ipconfig /allcommand as the Ethernet adapter Physical Address
- Solaris hostid
- After specifying the Host click Next to move to the Review License Request dialog box.
- Review the provided information and click Next to generate a license file and receive a Congratulations message. You are going to receive an Email with the required license file.
For information on using the license file refer to the Managing Licenses section in Vivado Design Suite User Guide: Release Notes, Installation, and Licensing (UG973). For general information related to licenses refer to the Licensing Solution Center.