You can create a C or C++ Linux application project by using the New Application Project wizard.
To create a project:
This will show you the page that guide you to create the application project.
. The New Application Project wizard
- Click Next to open the platform view.
- Choose a platform for your project.
- You can either use a pre-supplied platform (from AMD or another vendor), or a previously created custom platform.
- You can create one automatically from an exported Vivado hardware project (XSA).
Click Next to proceed.
- Select the Platform that has a Linux domain and
click Next.Note: If the Linux domain is not present in the platform, add it as shown in the following steps:
- After selecting the platform, click Next.
- On the system project page, select Show all the processors in the hardware specification option, and then select the Linux processor which is displayed in the list and click Next.
- Provide the name of the application project of
your choice and select Next.
This displays the list of domains present in the platform. Optional: You can choose the sysroot, the root file system, and the kernel image path.
- sysroot provides the header and library files for cross compilation. Usually it's a folder extracted from sdk.sh, which is generated by PetaLinux. Since the content in sysroot contains Linux style symbol link, extracting sdk.sh on Windows does not work. For using Vitis on Windows, sysroot can be a mapped folder from a Linux server.
- RootFS and Kernel Image are used for packaging the sd_card.img
- Click Next to proceed to the Templates
The software platform provides useful sample applications listed in the Templates page that you can use to create your project. The Description box displays a brief description of the selected sample application. When you use a sample application for your project, the Vitis software platform creates the required source and header files and linker script.
- Select the desired template. To create a blank project, select
You can then add C files to the project after the project is created.
- Click Finish to create your application project and board support package (if it does not exist).