You can create a C or C++ standalone application project by using the New Application Project wizard.
To create a project:
- Click Note: This is equivalent to clicking on to open the New Project wizard, selecting , and clicking Next.
This will show you the page that guide you to create the application project.
. The New Application Project wizard appears.
- Click Next to open the platform view.
- Choose a platform for your project.
- You can either use a pre-supplied platform (from Xilinx or another vendor), or a previously created custom platform.
- You can create one automatically from an exported Vivado hardware project (XSA).
Click Next to proceed.
- Provide the name of the application project
(user choice), the name of the system project (user choice),
and the target processor for the application. The tool
automatically creates a system project with the given name,
but you can add the application to existing system projects.
Click Next to proceed to the
- Provide the name of the domain (user choice),
select the Operating
standalone, and also select
the architecture. The tool automatically creates a domain
for the target processor. Additionally, you can use existing
domains in the platform. Click Next
to proceed to the
The software platform provides useful sample applications listed in the Templates page that you can use to create your project. The Description box displays a brief description of the selected sample application. When you use a sample application for your project, the Vitis software platform creates the required source and header files and linker script.
- Select the desired template. If you want to create a blank
project, select Empty
You can then add C files to the project, after the project is created.
- Click Finish to create your application project and the domain (if it does not exist).