To debug a kernel module, set path mapping to map the module name to symbol file of the module. To see loaded modules, select Kernel in the Debug view, and look at the Modules view. Kernel modules are listed by name and not by the file path.
To debug a kernel module:
- Select a project in the Project Explorer view.
- Select . The Debug Configurations view appears.
- Click the Path Map view to set the path mappings for the selected debug configuration.
- Click Add to insert the kernel module.
- Insert a function or line breakpoint and run the core. As soon as the breakpoint is hit, the debug view is updated with all the information.
- Similar to any other process or thread level debugging, you can insert breakpoints, step in, step out, watch variables, stack trace or perform other source level debugging tasks.