To establish a target connection, you can use either the local board or the remote board. By default, the local target connection is selected in the Target Connections view. You can confirm connections to the local board by checking the local connection.
To use a remote board to establish a target connection:
- Ensure that the target is connected to the remote host.
- Launch the hw_server manually on the remote host:
- Take a shell on the remote host.
- Source the setup scripts by using C:/Xilinx/Vitis/<version>/settings64.bat (or) <Vitis_local_install_path>/ Vitis/<version>/settings64.csh.
Run the hw_server on the machine that connects to the board.
Note: Ensure that the target (board) is connected to the remote host.
- Select the port number and the hostname to create a target connection to the host running the hw_server.
- Right-click the newly created target connection and select Set As Default.