AMD provides two types of installers to support your installation requirements for the Vitis software platform.
- AMD Unified Installer for FPGAs & Adaptive SoCs
- AMD Vitis Embedded Installer
The AMD Unified Installer contains almost everything. It includes the full featured Vitis software platform, the AMD Vivado™ Design Suite and PetaLinux. You can choose which components to install during installation procedure.
The AMD Vitis Embedded Installer contains the tools for embedded development only. It contains the embedded software development version of Vitis Unified IDE and the utilities like XSCT and program_flash.
To develop an embedded software with Vitis software platform, you can download AMD Unified Installer for FPGAs & Adaptive SoCs or AMD Vitis Embedded Installer.
Vitis Unified Installer provides the following installation options:
- Run Vitis Embedded Installer only
- Install Vitis Embedded as an optional component during Vivado installation.
For each installer, AMD might provide different types of packages.
- The web installer only downloads essential components according to your installation requirements to speed up the download process.
- The Single File Download (SFD) provides a self-contained package for AMD components. Network downloading is not required during the installation process.