- Go to the AMD Adaptive Computing Downloads Website.
- Download the installer for your operating system.
- Run the installer, xsetup, or xsetup.exe, which opens the Welcome page. Extract the installer package.
- Click Next to open the Select Install Type page of the Installer.
- If installing with the web installer, enter your AMD user account credentials, and select Download and Install Now (only needed by web installer).
- Click Next to open the Accept License Agreements page of the Installer.
- Accept the terms and conditions by clicking each I Agree check box.
- Click Next to open the Select Product to Install page of the Installer.
- Select Vitis and click Next to open the Vitis Unified Software Platform page of the Installer.
- Customize your installation by selecting design tools and devices
The default Design Tools selections are for standard Vitis Unified Software Platform installations, and include Vitis, Vivado, and Vitis HLS. You do not need to separately install Vivado tools. You can also install Model Composer and System Generator if needed.
You can enable Vitis IP Cache to install cache files for example designs found in the release. This is not required, but when selected, the files are installed at
The default Devices selections are for devices used on standard acceleration platforms supported by the Vitis tools. You can disable some devices that might not be of interest in your installation.
- Click Next to open the Accept License Agreements page of the Installer and accept as appropriate.
- Click Next to open the Select Destination Directory page of the Installer.
- Specify the installation directory, review the location summary, review the disk space required to insure there is enough space, and click Next to open the Installation Summary page of the Installer.
- Click Install to begin the installation of the software.
After a successful installation of the full Vitis unified software, a confirmation message is displayed, with a prompt to run the installLibs.sh script.
- Locate the script at: <install_dir>/Vitis/<release>/scripts/installLibs.sh,
<install_dir>is the location of your installation, and
<release>is the installation version.Note: This script is not required on Windows.
- Run the script using
sudoprivileges as follows:
The command installs a number of necessary packages for the Vitis tools based on the OS of your system.