Once the user launches Bootgen GUI for Versal® , the Create Boot Image dialog box opens, with default values pre-selected from the context of the selected project.
Figure 1. Bootgen GUI for Versal ACAPs
- Populate the Create Boot
Image dialog box with the following information:
- Select either Create a BIF file or
Import an existing BIF file
Note: Vivado® generated BIF can be found at <design>.runs/impl_1/ directory.
- From the Basic tab, specify the Output BIF file path.
- Specify the Output Image.
- Select either Create a BIF file or Import an existing BIF file
- In the Boot image partitions, click the Add button to add additional partition images.
- Create offset, alignment, and allocation values for partitions in
the boot image, if applicable.
The output file path is set to the /bif folder under the selected application project by default.
- From the
tab, you can specify the overall
attributes to create a secure image. Partition
security attributes can be updated when you select the
partition and click Edit button, then go to
See Using Authentication and Using Encryption for more information.
- Create or import a BIF file boot image one partition at a time, starting from the bootloader. The partitions list displays the summary of the partitions in the BIF file. It shows the file path, encryption settings, and authentication settings. Use this area to add, delete, modify, and reorder the partitions. You can also set values for enabling encryption, authentication, and checksum, and specifying some other partition related values like Load, Alignment, and Offset
- Contents in Extra Bif attributes dialogue and the will be appended to the overall BIF file or the partition. The user can use these fields to add custom attributes if they are not supported by the Bootgen GUI.