The Vitis AI runtime enables applications to use the unified high-level runtime API for both Cloud and Edge making Cloud-to-Edge deployments seamless and efficient.
Following are the features for the AI runtime API:
- Asynchronous submission of jobs to the accelerator
- Asynchronous collection of jobs from the accelerator
- C++ and Python implementations
- Support for multi-threading and multi-process execution
The Vitis AI Runtime (VART) is the next generation runtime suitable for devices based on DPUCZDX8G, DPUCVDX8G, and DPUCVDX8H.
- DPUCZDX8G is used for Edge devices, such as the ZCU102 and the ZCU104 evaluation boards, and the KV260 starter kit.
- DPUCVDX8G is used for the Versal evaluation boards, such as the VCK190 board.
- DPUCVDX8H is used for the Versal ACAP VCK5000 board.
The framework of VART is shown in the following figure. For this Vitis AI release, VART is based on XRT. XIR is the Xilinx Intermediate Representation.
Figure 1. VART Stack