Command Line Usage
# vaitrace --help usage: vaitrace [-h] [-c [CONFIG]] [-d] [-o [TRACESAVETO]] [-t [TIMEOUT]] [-v] [-b] [-p] [--va] [--xat] [--txt_summary] [--fine_grained] ... positional arguments: cmd optional arguments: -h, --help show this help message and exit -c [CONFIG] Specify the config file -d Enable debug -o [TRACESAVETO] Save report to, only avaliable for txt summary mode -t [TIMEOUT] Tracing time limitation -v Show version -b Bypass vaitrace, just run command -p Trace python application --va Generate trace data for Vitis Analyzer --xat Save raw data, for debug usage --txt_summary Display txt summary --fine_grained Fine grained mode
Following are some important and frequently-used arguments:
- cmd is your executable program ofVitis AI that to be traced, including program name and arguments
- Controlling the tracing time (in seconds) starting from the [cmd] being launched, the default value is 30. In other words, if no -t is specified for vaitrace, the tracing will stop after [cmd] running for 30 seconds. The [cmd] will continue to run as normal, but it will stop collecting tracing data.
You can start a tracing with more custom options by writing these options on a JSON configuration file and specify the configuration by -c. Details of configuration file will be explained in the next section.
- Location of the report. This is only available for the text summary mode. By default, the test summary will output to STDOUT.
- Generate trace data for Vitis Analyzer, enabled by default, cannot work together with --txt_summary
- --txt_summary or --txt
- Output text summary. vaitrace does not generate a report for the Vitis Analyzer in this mode, cannot work together with --va.
- Start trace in the fine grained mode. This mode generates a mass of trace data and the trace time is limited to 10 seconds.
Others arguments are used for debugging.