In video coding, a group of pictures (GoP) structure, specifies the order in which intra-and inter-frames are arranged. GoP Length is a length between two intra-frames. The GoP is a collection of successive pictures within a coded video stream. Each coded video stream consists of successive GoPs from which the visible frames are generated. The GoP range is from 1– 1000. The GoP length must be a multiple of B-Frames+1.
- DEFAULT_GOP: IBBPBBP... (Display order)
- LOW_DELAY_P: GopPattern with a single I-picture at the beginning followed with P-pictures only. Each P-picture uses the picture just before as reference. IPPPP….
- LOW_DELAY_B: GopPattern with a single I-picture at the beginning followed by B-pictures only. Each B-picture uses the picture just before it as first reference; the second reference depends on the Gop.Length parameter. IBBB…
- PYRAMIDAL_GOP: Advanced GOP pattern with hierarchical B-frame. The size of the hierarchy depends on the Gop.NumB parameter.
- ADAPTIVE_GOP: The encoder adapts the number of B-frames used in the GOP pattern based on heuristics on the video content.
- DEFAULT_GOP_B: IBBBBBB... (P frames replaced with B).
- PYRAMIDAL_GOP_B: Advanced GOP pattern with hierarchical B frame. Here, P frames are replaced with B.