This document describes the architecture and features of multimedia systems with Processing Subsystem (PS) + Programmable Logic (PL) + VCU IP. Learning about this architecture can help you understand the complete multimedia system, and facilitates integration with third party IP to develop custom multimedia pipelines. This document lists several audio-video pipelines to demonstrate expanded and enhanced multimedia solutions. It covers the VCU codec parameters that you must fine-tune for various video use cases, as well as information for debugging the multimedia pipeline.
This document consists of the following chapters:
- Introduction to Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC: An Ideal System for Multimedia: Provides a brief introduction to the architecture and multimedia processing engines of the Zynq® UltraScale+™ MPSoC.
- Multimedia PL IP: Discusses the features of the Multimedia PL Fabric IP.
- Video Pipelines: Showcases the example video pipelines created using Xilinx® IP. This document also discusses device tree changes required as part of Petalinux build, to bring up video pipelines for capture and display, and to enable audio support.
- VCU Codec Features: Describes the VCU parameters in detail.
- GStreamer Multimedia Framework: Reveals the GStreamer pipeline for audio-video. Explains pipeline configuration, and each GStreamer element required to run the audio-video pipeline.
Debug: Aids in debugging
multimedia pipeline issues. The
GST_sharktool measures the pipeline latency, and helps debug latency issues.
- Performance and Optimization: Specifies the techniques to enhance the performance of the GStreamer pipeline.