The Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) is the Arm® Mali-400 MP2 and resides in the Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC processing system (PS). The GPU can generate video information through its dedicated, parallel engines much faster than competing ASSPs that rely on the CPU to handle graphics processing, cheaper, and with less power consumption than solutions that rely on the designer to add an off-chip GPU engine.
The GPU accelerates both 2D and 3D graphics with a fully programmable architecture that provides support for both shader-based and fixed-function graphics APIs. It includes anti-aliasing for optimal image quality, with virtually no additional performance overhead.
Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC GPU Highlights
- Arm® Mali-400 MP2
- Up to 667 MHz performance in the fastest speed grade
- One geometry processor, two pixel processors
- Dedicated 64 KB shared L2 cache
- Dedicated memory management unit
- OpenGL ES 2.0 and OpenGL ES 1.1 support
- OpenVG 1.1 API support
- GPU power gating on each of the three engines
- 1334 Mpixels/sec pixel fill rate
- 72.6 Mtriangles/sec
- 21.34 Gflops floating point shading
For more information on GPU, refer to Chapter 5: Graphics Processing Unit of the Zynq UltraScale+ Device Technical Reference Manual (UG1085).