The UHD SDI Audio core is configurable as an Audio Embedder or an Audio Extractor.
When configured as an Audio Embedder, it can embed of up to 32 channels of AES3 audio data that is transmitted over anAXI4-Stream Audio Interface on to an SDI stream.
Similarly, when configured as an Audio Extractor, it can extract up to 32 channels of audio data from the incoming SDI stream, and output them in AES3 format on the AXI4-Stream Audio Interface. In both the configurations, it supports multiple audio sample rates (32 KHz, 44.1 KHz, and 48 KHz).
The UHD SDI Audio core is designed in accordance with SMPTE ST 272 for SD-SDI, SMPTE ST 299-1 for HD-SDI, and SMPTE ST 299-1 & 2 for 3G/6G/12G-SDI.
- Supports up to 32 channels of audio
- 20/24-bit audio at multiple sample rates (32 KHz, 44.1 KHz, and 48 KHz)
- Synchronous and asynchronous audio support
- Supports 192-bit AES3 channel status extraction
- Reports the presence and status of audio groups on the incoming SDI stream
- AXI4-Stream interface to carry audio samples in AES3 format
- AXI4-Lite and port based interface for configuration of the core
For more information, see UHDSDI Audio LogiCORE IP Product Guide (PG309).