The Video Processing Subsystem (VPSS) is a collection of video processing IP subcores, bundled together in hardware and software, abstracting the video processing pipe. It provides the end-user with an out of the box ready to use video processing core, without having to learn about the underlying complexities. The Video Processing Subsystem enables streamlined integration of various processing blocks including scaling, deinterlacing, color space conversion and correction, chroma resampling, and frame rate conversion.
- One, two or four pixel-wide AXI4-Stream video interface
- Video resolution support up to UHD at 60 fps
- Color space support for RGB, YUV 4:4:4, YUV 4:2:2, YUV 4:2:0
- 8, 10, 12, and 16 bits per component support
- Color space conversion and correction
- Chroma resampling between YUV 4:4:4, YUV 4:2:2, YUV 4:2:0
- Frame rate conversion using dropped/ repeated frames
For more information, see Video Processing Subsystem Product Guide (PG231).