Each DSFP28 cage has two adjacent LEDs, showing the status of its two supported ports:
- The LEDs for cage 1 show the status of ports 0 and 2.
- The LEDs for cage 2 show the status of ports 1 and 3.
Figure 1. X3522 LEDs
The link status LED for a cage is:
- Green when both ports for the cage have a physical link.
- Amber when only one port for the cage has a physical link.Note: This includes when an SFP28 or SFP+ cable is connected, and so only a single port is exposed.
- Off in the absence of any physical link.
- Blinking red if a command such as
ethtool --identifyhas been issued to identify the network port.
The activity LED for a cage is:
- Blinking green when there is link activity on all exposed network ports for the cage.
- Off when there is no activity on any exposed network port for the cage.
Note: Some other LEDs inside the case are visible through the airflow holes. These internal LEDs are for diagnostic use only, and you should ignore them.