Use the following steps to download and install the XRT using a .rpm installation package.
For details on upgrading or downgrading the XRT, see Changing XRT and Target Platform Versions.
- XRT installation requires Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux (EPEL) and a related repository. If not already installed, install EPEL on your system by following the steps provided in XRT Installation.
- Run the following two commands to install kernel headers and kernel
development packages. Ensure that
unameis surrounded by backticks (
`) and not single quotes (
$ sudo yum install kernel-headers-`uname -r` $ sudo yum install kernel-devel-`uname -r`
- After the previous command completes, reboot your machine.
- From the product website (see Product Website), use the selection tool to display the
desired Xilinx runtime (XRT) installation package.
Download the package by clicking on the displayed package name.
- Install the XRT installation package by running the
following command from within the directory where the installation packages
$ sudo yum install ./xrt*.rpm
This will install the XRT and its necessary dependencies. Follow the instructions when prompted throughout the installation.
The installation for deployment is now complete. You can go directly to Card Bring-Up and Validation to validate the installation.