- Onload will only accelerate traffic over 802.3ad and active-backup bonds.
- Onload will not accelerate traffic if a bond contains any slave interfaces that are not supported network devices.
- Adding an unsupported network device to a bond that is currently accelerated by Onload can result in unexpected results such as connections being reset.
- Acceleration of bonded interfaces in Onload requires a kernel configured with
sysfssupport and a bonding module version of 3.0.0 or later.
- Traffic on the backup link is not filtered.
In cases where Onload will not accelerate the traffic it will continue to work via the OS network stack.