The MACVLAN driver is supported from onload-201710 in container configurations and in standard host configurations.
- MACVLAN sub-interfaces will be accelerated by Onload when these are created over a supported interface.
- Nested MACVLAN (MACVLAN on top of MACVLAN on top of base adapter) interfaces are also accelerated by Onload.
- MACVLAN sub-interfaces that are not in the main network namespace will be accelerated only if the base adapter is present in the current or main namespace.
If there are more than one PCI physical interfaces (PF) or virtual interfaces (VF) configured, the adapter firmware-variant must be one of the following:
- the ultra-low-latency firmware variant.
- when using the full-feature firmware variant, the insecure-filters=1 sfboot option must be set.
Restrictions do not apply when there is only a single PF and no VFs configured. Check the adapter configuration with the sfboot utility.