The following restrictions apply:
- The IP_TRANSPARENT option must be set before the socket is bound.
- The IP_TRANSPARENT option cannot be cleared after bind on accelerated sockets.
- IP_TRANSPARENT sockets cannot be accelerated if they are bound to port 0 or to INADDR_ANY.
- IP_TRANSPARENT sockets cannot be passed to the kernel stack when bound to a port that is in the list specified by EF_TCP_FORCE_REUSEPORT.
- Reverse path filters must be disabled on all interfaces. The user should check the value returned from the following files:
# cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/rp_filter# cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/lo/rp_filter
- When using the
rss:transparent_activemode (see below), EF_CLUSTER_NAME must be explicitly set by the process sharing the cluster and the stack cannot be named by either EF_NAME or