The following conditions are required to run the example applications:
- The server must have a Solarflare SFN8000 or X2 series adapter.
- The adapter must have a PTP/HW timestamping activation key.
- The connection from which packets are to be timestamped must be routed over the timestamping adapter.
- To receive TX timestamps, the adapter must have a SolarCapture Pro activation key or Performance Monitoring activation key
- The Onload environment variable EF_RX_TIMESTAMPING or EF_TX_TIMESTAMPING must be enabled in the Onload environment.
Note: User should also read the specific requirements from the RX/TX timestamping sections above.