Scalable filters have the following restrictions:
- Scalable filters are only used for TCP traffic.
- UDP traffic can be received and accelerated by Onload on interfaces where scalable filters are enabled, but kernel UDP sockets will not receive traffic.
- UDP fragmented frames cannot be received on interfaces where scalable filters are enabled. Users should avoid having fragmented frames on these interfaces.
- The adapter must use the full-feature or ultra-low-latency firmware variants.
- Minimum firmware version: 188.8.131.520.
- Stack per thread options (EF_STACK_PER_THREAD) cannot be used with this feature.
- By default the scalable filters feature requires CAP_NET_RAW. Onload can be configured to avoid capability checks for this using the Onload module option
scalable_filter_gid. See Module Options for details.
- When using any
rssmode with scalable filters, the stack cannot be named by either EF_NAME or