Enhanced PTP (
sfptpd) supports the following
- Hardware timestamps for received and transmitted PTP packets.
- Ability to synchronize the high precision clock on multiple adapters.
- PTP clock roles: slave clock, master clock, and boundary clock.
- PTP hybrid mode.
Unicast transmission of Delay_Request and Delay_Response messages to optimize use of network resources (Hybrid mode).
- PTP Synchronization mode.
- PPS Synchronization mode.
- NTP fallback mode.
- PTP multiple masters support.
- Filtering of outlier values received from master clock sources.
- PTP over VLAN interfaces.
- PTP over active/backup and LACP bonded interfaces.
- Standards based, application-independent reporting of clock data.
- Remote monitoring/reporting of PTP alarm states and events.
- PTP using third party adapters.
- PTP in virtualized environments (VMware ESXi).