The IEEE-1588 draft specification proposes a PTP message-based mechanism for application-independent monitoring of the timing information from PTP nodes.
sfptpd supports the draft standard and the
sfptpd PTP slave will
include the optional three data sets TLVs in PTP Signaling messages (message type 0xc)
sent from the
sfptpd slave server to a remote monitoring station.
- SLAVE_RX_SYNC_TIMING_DATA TLV
- The slave will report the timestamp for received Sync messages.
- SLAVE_RX_SYNC_COMPUTED_DATA TLV
- The slave will report the calculated offset and one-way-delay values.
- SLAVE_TX_EVENT_TIMESTAMPS TLV
- The slave will report the timestamp for sent Delay_Request messages.
For further details of the IEEE draft specification you should refer to the specification documentation.
sfptpdimplementation follows the draft proposal, but might be revised to meet any changes in the released standard.