Solarflare and AMD PTP network adapters have the following time synchronization features:
- Ability to maintain synchronization of the system clock typically within 200 ns offset from a network master clock. The accuracy obtained is dependent on the correct operation of the upstream timesource, however, the PTP slave adapter clock can be within 50 ns offset from the PTP master.
- Stratum 3 compliant oscillator; Oscillator drift 0.37 PPM per day (c. 32 ms/day); oscillator accuracy < 4.6PPM over 20 years.
- Ability to capture a hardware timestamp as selected frames enter/leave the Ethernet MAC. Time stamping for packets formatted according to IEEE 1588-2008 (PTP version 2).
- Hardware timestamps exposed to Linux via the standard SO_TIMESTAMPING socket API on kernels 2.6.30 later.
- Ability to discipline the network adapter’s high precision oscillator in response to PTP timing information.
- Support PTP packets over bonded interfaces in an active/standby configuration or LACP bonds.
- Support PTP packets over 802.1Q VLAN interfaces.