Vivado has a comprehensive set of capabilities for performing and validating I/O pin assignments. These are covered in greater detail in the I/O Planning Tutorial.
- Open the I/O Planning view layout by selecting I/O Planning from the Layout Selector pull down, as shown in the following figure.
- Make the Package window the active view if it is not active.Note: If the Package window is not open, you can open it using the command from the main menu.
- In the Package window, double-click to select a placed I/O Port, shown as an
orange block inside a package pin.
- Drag the selected I/O Port onto another pin site in the same I/O bank.
- Examine the I/O Ports window, look at the port name and package pin site columns.
- Examine the data displayed in the I/O Port Properties window. Click each of the tabs at the bottom of the window.
- Remember the port name and site of the port you moved.
If necessary, write them down. You will look for the LOC constraint of the placed port in the XDC file after implementation.