The Vivado IDE provides predefined view layout configurations to complete specific design tasks, such as the I/O Planning layout or the Design Analysis layout. These layouts define the location and size of views commonly used for a specific design task. You can also create, remove, and reset user-defined layouts using the following Layout menu commands:
- Save Layout As
- Creates a user-defined layout based on the current layout configuration.
- Remove Layout
- Removes the user-defined layout of your choice.
- Undoes the most recent view manipulation.
- Redoes the most recent view manipulation.
- Reset Layout
- Restores resized or moved windows to the original configuration for the active layout.
Note: User-defined layouts are saved to a layout file in your installation directory for use in all your design projects. For more information, see Outputs for Environment Configuration.
Tip: You can also use predefined layouts as described in Layout Selector.