After loading a design, you can use the Ctrl+F keyboard shortcut to search for design or device objects. In the Find dialog box (shown in the following figure), you can specify Tcl properties to filter the data using the following options. When you click OK, a Tcl command is run to populate the Find Results window.command or
- Results name
- Labels the Find Results window that shows the found objects.
- Filters the type of object to search.
- Specifies the Tcl properties used to find the design or device objects. Click the add button to add properties. Click the remove button to remove properties.
- Regular expression
- Searches for the specified string by matching text patterns based on regular expression syntax.
- Ignore case
- Searches for the specified regular expression string, regardless of whether the string uses upper or lowercase.
- Search hierarchically
- Searches through the entire design hierarchy.
- Of Objects
- Specifies a particular object to search. Click the Of Objects (...) button to open a new dialog box and specify the objects to search.
- Shows the Tcl command that is run to execute the search.
- Open in a new tab
- Opens a new Find Results window instead of replacing the previous results.
Figure 1. Find Dialog Box