To select objects in the Schematic window:
- Click an object in the Schematic window.
- Use the Ctrl key to select multiple objects.
- Click the Select Area local toolbar button, and draw a rectangle around multiple cells, ports, and nets.
When you select objects in the Schematic window:
- Objects are also selected in all other windows. Similarly, when you select objects in other windows, they are also selected in the Schematic window.
- The Properties window for the selected object opens or updates to display the object properties.
For example, when a net is selected, the Connectivity view traverses the hierarchy to report all primitive cells connected to the net. This is different from the Cell Pins view, which reports the pins of all cells connected to the net, reporting both primitive and hierarchical cells. Select a net that is connected to a hierarchical cell to see the difference between these views.